Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Undercover Cop Cars

Is it just me, or are there a multitude of Constitutional rights being violated by allowing cops to patrol in undercover vehicles?? There is something inherently wrong with an undercover cop driving a brand new champagne colored Jeep Cherokee which one moment is just another car on the road, and the next is lit up with blue and red lights like the inside of fucking Studio 54. Imagine how pissed of you would be getting pulled over by one of these cars? My hometown is famous for this. I always feel sorry for the poor sucker that is taking a field sobriety test in front of a cop driving a Mini-Cooper. I refuse to pull over for anything less than a government issued, law-enforcement vehicle.

If the cops are so intent on going stealth mode, at least put them in something that slightly resembles the classic Crown Victoria. Like a Lincoln. Or a Mercury. Not a white Mustang Convertible. I'm sorry, but when I see this car on the road, I automatically assume that it's occupied by a high-school cheerleader giving road-head to her boyfriend; not the deputy sheriff issuing speeding tickets.

I think that this practice should be banned. It is sneaky and malicious; not to mention the fact that the police force seem to do a good enough job with their overstaffed fat-ass employees driving around in marked vehicles without throwing us for a loop with this bullshit. When I get pulled over, I would like to know that it is at least legit. I mean, can I put lights on the inside of my dumpy Civic and start making citizens arrests? I sure as hell know that I've seen some shit going down in cars before that should not be legal. Like the time I saw a girl blowing lines off the dash at a stop sign. Lets call in the undercovers on this one, boys!

No comments: